Sunday, September 23, 2012

I'm Sunshiny and Junk

So yeah.......

Remember I was just telling you about being described as being "nice like Gene Wilder in Willie Wonka in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?" If not, look here.

It kind of seemed like an insult and compliment all rolled into one freaky eyed, frizzy haired rich guy.



I'll admit, I can be a bit sarcastic and droll. I am no Mary Poppins or Maria Von Trapp,. But, apparently, someone, namely the fabu blogger DeBie Hive thinks my blog is... *sniff*

Sunshiny.
((wiping nose on arm))

She gave me the Sunshine Award. Isn't that nice? And here when I have been a bad, neglectful blog-mommy? I have been trying to do better and it made my Willie-Wonka heart skip a beat when I saw it. Go check her out. Give her a little layers shout-out and shizzle.

She likes me.
She really likes me.

Yep, I could be over-doing it. But an award is an award, so I am taking it. What did you accomplish today, sucka?

 These awards are a nice way for bloggers to recognize each other and share our blogs with other followers of other blogs. So, play along. Go check her out. Give her a little layers shout-out and shizzle. Here is the link a-gain.

DeBie Hive

Awardees are supposed to answer the following eight questions, then nominate other bloggers. I included a lot of photos, because it's Sunday and I am still in my jammies, and because I don't want to clean the house. 

1. What is your favorite Christmas/holiday movie?  Hands down, it's the cartoon version of Dr. Suess'  The Grinch, with a special shout out to the dog with the bone tied to his head.  You're a foul one, Mr. Carey, for the remake that made people forget the funny and sweet original. 
YES! 
MEH.













2. What is your favorite flower? I really like orchids, which are bold and simple all at once. I also lurve anything purple which grows wild, which reminds me of the line in The Color Purple about everything wanting to be loved. The Big Horn Mountains near our home always have a beautiful display in the spring.  
I know. I live an hour away from this. Muah.
3. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage?  Bigelow "Constant Comment" grocery store tea. Every day. I carry it with me since I find the name embarrassing to ask for in a restaurant. And because I am addicted to it. And because I am preparing to be an old lady.
How about a cuppa tea, Granny?


4.  What is your passion?  Special Agent and I just discussed this and....I don't appear to have one. He said maybe being bossy? :-/ I like that I don't have a white hot passion. I am a layered person, made up of a lot of different interests. 



5.  What is your favorite time of year?  I love fall, I always have. I dress in fall colors, my house is decorated in fall colors, I sometimes pretend I am a leaf. Unfortunately, this is my allergy season so I spend a lot of time enjoying it through a Kleenex and Claritin-induced haze while wishing for the first frost. 

6.  What is your favorite time of day?  A time of day called The Gloaming. That moment between day and night when just for a moment, the whole world gets quiet. It feels like the world is perfect and calm, just for that very moment, if no other. So no talking.
  

7.  What is your favorite physical activity?  I am not a person who likes exercise. I tried paddle boarding this summer and I loved it. It required concentration and balance and was in a beautiful surrounding. I was having a zen moment until Special Agent and the boy launched an attack on me from their kayak. Boys. 



8.  What is your favorite vacation?  I love traveling, and wish I had the means to go more. If you are seeing a trend here, i like things which are calming, so no Disney for me. I like cool-chilling, with a few fun excursions mixed in. In the Dominican we lounged around most days but included zip lining and surf lessons excursions to keep it interesting. 
The surfers are really us, the shark...is in disguise.
I am pitching some sunshine to the following blogs, so go have a look-see here or on Facebook.

Musings of Munch - haha, funny guy. Snarky goodness. Also, he is a male model for Ambercrombie & Fitch


Reptiles in the Ice Cream - Oh man, strap yourself in. The girl is much funny. And thoughtful.

I'll Have it On The Side - I am trying to arrange our children to be married. We would be some awesomely embarrassing in laws. 

The Loaded Handbag - I haven't been a good follower of blogs, and I miss what is going on with this one. I am tuning back in ASAP. I just read her blog and now I want to move in with her.





3 comments:

Kelly DeBie said...

I do really like you!

Unknown said...

I like you too

Mrs. Tuna said...

Love, love, love the loaded handbag.......Nicki!