Greetings from Texas, Y'all!
Although check in with lots of bags was a little hectic, once we unloaded some of the gear the Twins did well on both flights and in the airports. So did their nervous flier of a mother. She didn't freak out once!
|This was AFTER we checked the bags...|
We needed a Sherpa
My sis played a round of "Tune in Tokyo" with the TSA over some vanilla snack packs for Madzilla, and although I sniped at the TSA crew a little (the mother of the special needs kid - REALLY?) I was just secretly glad it wasn't me.
So here we are, in lovely San Antonio (don't try to break in at my house, Special Agent and the Baboos are there and they will fill you full of lead.)
The weather is delicious
The Riverwalk is in bloom
It's Fiesta week
|Do we look tired? We are.|
We also took a boat tour, which was more fun that we expected and let us see a lot of the places we would like to visit. Mads got a little tired (who am I kidding, we were all tired - it had been an early morning flight) so we headed back to the room.
Mick wanted to go to the pool, so Mads and I hung out in the room where she took a swim in the tub..
and threw her pj's in when I wasn't looking.
Then we had some quiet quality time looking our of our hotel window to the Riverwalk below. This is one cool kid.
|For a mostly non-verbal guy, we talked about |
a lot of the people going by below.
|They forgot the guac and you know what? We made them bring it too...|
You know what else rocks? My pal Hannah from Erratic Questions About a Simple Life gave me an award yesterday, wasn't that nice of her?
The rules say I have to list 3 things I like about myself.
hmm. This should have caught me on a higher self esteem day.
1. I like that I have an easy time telling the truth. I don't like bullshit and I try not to shovel it outward. You will probably NEVER wonder how I feel about a topic. (I said these are things I like about me, not necessarily things others like about me...)
2. I like that I can find almost anything, anywhere. I can find things on the Internet, and I can find things Special Agent and the Sweet Baboos have lost. The secret is that I keep looking, but don't tell them that. They think I am *magic*. As far as the Internet, I just can't leave queries like "who sang the theme song to Top Gun" type of questions unanswered. (Danger Zone, Kenny Loggins)
3. I like that I am not afraid to see something is not working for me, and change it. This means I change jobs a lot, like this latest adventure into consulting. If this ever stops working, I will make something else work instead. (But I sure hope I don't have to and so far....good stuff).
I am also supposed to pass it on to
1. Absolutely Narcissism - Seriously, don't drink beverages while reading. They will come out of your nose.
2.The Barefoot Foodie - So much more than food. And she has good hair.
3.Dangerous Leanings - Although he has boy cooties, and write about Scotch and video games - I Lurve him.
4.Miss Tracey Nolan - She reminds me of a friend I wished I knew better in school who is just so damn cool.
5. Reptiles in the Ice Cream - So what if she is obsessed with Paula Poundstone in a way I can't completely understand? She cracks me up.
6. The Loaded Handbag - While the photo of the martinis sold me initially, this writer's posts about "Match Day" had me on pins and needles.
These two are new guys and you should give them a look - funny stuff!!
1. The Way I See It - Allison just started this, and while I feel sorry for her new terrible diet, she makes me laugh.
2. I'll Have it on the Side - Her post about computer dating made me snort a little. I was glad I was alone.