Its snowing today and I am glad to be INSIDE. Its nice in here and I am getting some shiz
done up in this mofo. For reasons unknown, Blogger is whack today and has spacing issues. Just go wit it.
I have been taking a 'Facebreak' the past few days since frankly, I am spending way too
much time facebooking bloggers about blogging and writing than I am actually blogging
or writing. I wondered just what I might get done if I stopped mindlessly scrolling through
Facebook pages for a few days.
Also, I am starting to think that the concept of knowing EVERYONE's opinions on
EVERYTHANG and then shotgunning my own out there is probably overrated. Maybe I
should just think what I think, and let others think what they think and let's call the whole
In just a few days, I finished a few assignments so my experiment is proving to be
Until.....I got a comment on an older blog post...distraction! Yay! I was su-prised. It was
from the lovely Modern Mama Dramas, who is much younger than me, but I like anyway.
Go check her out; she is growing a new little being and has agreed to be my 'off the
She was giving my lame ass an award! Pretty nice of her, considering I have been using my
freelance gig links as blogs for a while, which is technically cheating. She is too good to
me. So..here are the rules. There are always rules.
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Have you ever moved away from "home"?
I did, and I think it should be required. I moved from my small town in Wyoming to
Guantanamo Bay, Cuba about 8 months after I graduated High School, which was and about
7 months after I got married to Special Agent, without a shotgun, even. (Ain't love grand?)
2. What are your hobbies, besides blogging?
Hmmm. Sadly, Facebook has been a hobby, but I am officially knocking that shit off. I like
to read, and I suppose one would say that i am ridiculously addicted to Google research.
Whattanerd. I don't need things to do, i can spaz out on anything. Right now, it's THIS (Click word).
3. Do you go on family vacations; which was your favorite?
We go every few years to a sunny locale with a national language we don't speak. The last
one was to the Dominican Republic. I highly recommend. We also go camping every year
to the Big Horn Mountains, and I have to say that is my favorite. Dear Wyoming, I love
4. Any big plans for 2013?
Not really. While I like change A LOT, I don't really plan ahead about it. I live in the now.
5. If you could have any animal, real or imaginary, for a pet, what would you choose and
I want this baby Giraffe. Why?? Uh...duh, because it's awesome.
6. What's your favorite book/movie?
I like too many to name and it depends on my weird mood of the day. I would be suspect
of anyone who has just ONE.
7. It's raining and the kids are home from school, WHAT DO YOU DO?
We like to watch bad TV. The baboos aren't afraid to lay low, like their mother. If we tire
of that, we'd probably cook.
8. If you could time-travel, would you go back to the past or into the future?
I hate rules, so I say BOTH. Past to say hi to my Dad and ask him to stop smoking that day.
I would also like to see my parents when they were young. I would probably totally McFly
that shit and erase my existence. Fail.
9. Do you censor your posts based on your followers (like family or certain friends)?
Nah, those who know me, know me. Most like me anyway, even if I am one of the few
social liberals in my state.
10. Will you keep blogging?
That's a good question. I have become terrible at reading blogs, which is what made me
start writing one in the first place! I have been thinking at times that blogging can feel
like a job, a responsibility. One that I don't get paid for but which can impede that which
I AM paid for. My Spock brain struggles with that computation at times. I will do it as long
as its fun, but will never forget that the blogosphere isn't real life.
11. You get to meet a role model or idol: who is it and why?
I am not really a fan type, and try to get my role models from my real life, so usually know
them. It would probably be someone like the Iron Jawed Angels
|This is an excellent movie about them, see it!|
So....11 random factoids about moi. I am pretty random, so there.
Well, I just told you all a bunch of crud above, so....now I feel spent. Be right back, I am
taking a nap. Just kidding.
1. I don't drink coffee. I can't stand it. I only drink tea, and only a kind which your
Grandma and the local pancake house carry. I have tried all of the chi-chi varieties, but I
always come back to the one with the stupidest name in creation; I don't even like to say
2. I have a twin sister, who is a much nicer person than I am. I am opinionated and I try to
push her around. I imagine when she hangs up the phone with me, she occasionally flips
me the bird. And I don't blame her.
3. I wake up at 5:55 almost every day so I can lay in bed and watch a whole lotta news.
While I check my Twitter and read articles.
4. On one of our first dates, I made Special Agent watch a Manson- family documentary. I
am surprised he ever came back. Romantic, right? His own weird streak must have kept
him hanging on.
5. For a time, I used to check the bathroom from behind the shower curtain obsessively
while showering, something I blame on Rockwell. One day, i just stopped.
6. I am married to a former Marine-turned-Special-Agent, but I am really a pacifist.
7. I have no idea who Liebster is.
8. I sometimes cheat at Words With Friends. But usually because I am too busy to take the
time to think it out. Fuck, did I really just say I am TOO BUSY FOR SCRABBLE?
9. I was voted 'most blunt' of my Senior class. Is that a compliment?
10. My brother was gay and died of AIDS. I have a special needs niece who has half a brain
and outsmarts me on a regular basis. If you are mean or nasty about gay rights or say the
words "fag" or "retarded", I will fuck you up. I learned to not say those things as a part of
speech, and SO CAN YOU.
11. I am under-emotional and it can make me seem cold, but I am actually astute at
understanding all elements of a situation and have a lot of empathy. Just because I don't
burble over with emotion doesn't mean I don't have any. I am just not sharing them with
OK! I did it!!
Now, I would like to tag the following, who are my peeps and are also funny bloggers,
who like me, struggle to blog it out regularly. Ok, only some of us. Well, really just me.
Here are their
1.Where do you do your writing?
2. Do you have aspirations for a book, or just dicking around?
3. What do you think non-bloggers, family members and friends think about blogging?
4. Do you think Facebook can also hinder blogging, as well as help spread your name
5. Do you like sandwiches?
6. How are you different from those in your peer group?
7. Are you on Twitter and actually using it?
8. Do you read a lot of other blogs, or just use yours as a means for your own thoughts?
9. If you could be a fruit, which one would you choose and why?
10. Do you think these awards are sometimes too long and time-consuming?
11. How do you think these arbitrary numbers, like 11 are chosen?
12. Did you know I was a rebel?
Reptiles in the Ice Cream
Musings Of Munch
I'll Have It on the Side
The Way I See It...
The Loaded Handbag
Day In and Day Out