Sunday, May 29, 2011

Yes, I Love You. Now Leave Me Alone so I Can Watch Steamy Sex Scenes on Cable

Someone shared this bit o' poetry tonight and I died laughing. Anyone who is a parent (I don't care how damn kind-hearted you are) has thought this at one time... or about twice a week like me when your kids absolutely will not go to bed.

I dedicate this to TWIN, who has given more drinks of water, something to eat, fear-of-dark soothings, stomachache discussions and other nonsense to her smart bird-loving whipper snapper than many. And just when she gets one to stay in bed, the other kid surfaces and probably throws her pajamas in the still-full tub. *Sigh*


Sleep tight Mick and Mads, and for God's sake....well, you know.

((click to open))

8 comments:

Jon Hanson said...

That book has gotten a lot of buzz lately.. was thinking about buying it for a couple friends of mine with babies - I'm sure they'd relate!

SD
The Simple Dude

Anonymous said...

Apparently TWIN and I have a lot in common when it comes to getting kids to bed. This is a laugh while you cry book because it's both pathetic and hilarious.

Elle said...

LOVE IT!!!! I wish I could have had that when Frederick was younger! Would it have been completely wrong to read it to a 3 year old?!?!

Munch said...

holy hell I'm still crying laughing about that. Will definently be sharing this.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!! I have heard of the book, seen the cover on-line but have never read it. Haaaaaaaa!!! I DO turn into a raging maniac when I see him at the stair railing for the 1,000th time!!! Thanks for making me laugh with this book. :)

Sandra said...

Yup. All time best book ever! I don't even have small kids anymore and I need to get my hands on this!

i'mtransplanted said...

OMGGG!!!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....

Nicki said...

AMAZING.